Many people feel that dog training is a challenge. They try to prepare for the many obstacles they feel lay ahead. The good news is, dog training can be an easy, fun, and positive experience. Just follow these 7 effective tips, and you will see.
Dog Training Tips To Get Your Dog To Obey!
If you’d love to discover EXACTLY how to get your dog to stop urinating on your carpet and actually ring a bell when
he needs to potty. . .
Train puppies to NEVER chew on furniture or expensive rugs – even when you aren’t there to supervise. .
Learn simple techniques for getting any dog to stop barking at strangers or from begging you to let him back inside –
Plus a TON more step-by-step dog obedience strategies THOUSANDS of regular people are already using, check out –
1. When training your dog, give him praise when he does it right. When you show your dog that you are happy with his efforts, he will be more inclined to want to please you. As you progress and reach harder milestones, you may want to wait a little longer to give the praise. In the beginning, however, it is good to do it right away.
2. Use treats. After he has worked hard, has done a few tricks, to sit or to lay on command, or has been a good sport, it is fair to reward your dog with a treat. Like people, dogs need incentive to work.
3. Do not yes or hit your dog. This is extremely ineffective and will not produce the results you want. Like people, dogs respond negatively to such abuse, and it will more than likely increase the chances that your dog will rebel. This will only make for a frustrated owner and an angry dog.
4. Be firm but gentle. Give the commands firmly while gently moving your dog into the position that you want him. The firm but gentle tactic shows your dog that you are the boss: but, it also shows that he is loved.
5. Train your dog for a couple of minutes each day: but, do not go for too long as it will overwork the dog and cause him to feel stressed. Like people, dogs need repetition in order to grasp a new concept and can become stressed when overworked. Not to mention, if you work with your dog a couple of minutes a day, this will strengthen your friendship.
6. Help your dog to associate action with command. The way this can be done is as soon as you see your dog sit, say the word sit. Do the same thing if he is lying down. This will help him to know that these certain words are associated with these actions. Do this until he gets the hang of it.
7. Do not pay attention to your dog if he is misbehaving. If you give him attention only when he is running with toilet paper in his mouth, getting in the trash, or causing any other mischief, then this is letting him know that he can get your attention when he is doing something bad.
When you train your dog, this allows your dog to feel safe and secure. Also, when your dog knows you are his leader, this can prove to be a happy environment for both you and your dog!
Are you worried about your dog’s health? Make simple and healthy dog food at home with free dog food recipes at http://www.doggypuppyguide.com. For more dog food recipes, go to http://www.doggypuppyguide.com/dogfoodrecipes.htm.